Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The next three months of your life

I read an incredible story today in People magazine about Christa Brelsford, the 25-year-old volunteer who lost her leg in the earthquake in Haiti. In mid-January her right leg was amputated.

Since then, after several more surgeries, she has gotten engaged, started a charity organization (Christa's Angels) that has already raised $110,000 to rebuild the collapsed school in Haiti, and ice-climbed with her new prosthetic limb! Amazing. Beyond her courage and optimism--both of which are inspiring--what really gets me is that...it's only April!!!

It's a reminder to me that with focused will, vision, and courage; we all have the potential to achieve the incredible. Time, loss, and ill-health do not have to be barriers if we don't allow them to be.

Someone said to me yesterday, "Our fears are imprints from the past--they're not at all about our present or future." That really made sense to me. What fears are you holding onto that may have been passed on to you from someone else, or were born out of a situation that is no longer relevant in your life?

When you think about your fears, how do you feel? How about when you think of the dreams that excite you most? What does that vibration feel like? Maybe you get smiley, more grounded, less twitchy, maybe even glowey? Hold onto that. That's what's real.

What are you going to do with the next three months of your life?


1 comment:

  1. I fear very little. I miss my dreams as they seem to have taken a leave since I've gotten older. The next three months... I'll be writing poetry, getting ready to go back to school at UCSC. And, I hope to see more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete